News & Events
DR. SCOTT NORRIS
PBOI welcomes Dr. Scott Norris, a Board-certified, fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon and has been practicing in Palm Beach County since 2000. Dr. Norris practices general orthopedics with specialization in Sports Medicine. He also has interest in general pediatric orthopedics. Dr. Norris has had special training to perform OTIS Med, a custom-fit knee replacement procedure. Additionally, Dr. Norris extends his Sports Medicine philosophy when treating work related injuries. His fellowship training allows him to treat complex injuries of shoulder, knee, hip, foot, and ankle. His special interests include: Total Knee and Hip Replacements, Arthroscopic and Open Knee Ligament Reconstruction, Cartilage Injuries of the Knee (OATS), Arthroscopic and Open Shoulder Reconstruction, Rotator Cuff Repair, Ankle Arthroscopy.
Click here to learn more about Dr. Norris.
ESPN760 Ask the Doc
Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 – Jeremy Marks-Peltz is joined by Dr. Michael Leighton from Palm Beach Orthopedic Institute to discuss some of the biggest medical news in sports. Click here to listen.
DR. JUSTIN KEARSE
PBOI welcomes Dr. Justin Kearse, a Board Eligible, Fellowship Trained Orthopaedic Surgeon Specializing in Hand, Elbow, Wrist, Arthroscopy and General Orthopaedics. Dr. Kearse is seeing patients mainly in our new Wellington office.
Click here to learn more about Dr. Kearse.
NextMD is an online patient portal that allows patients to securely exchange information and communicate with PBOI physicians and staff. NextMD is protected by a firewall, antivirus, and intrusion detection software so that patient-provider communications remain secure and confidential. Patients can:
- Create an account for themselves, and easily view/manage family care accounts, if authorized.
- Request appointments and view appointment reminders.
- Document their medical history prior to the office visit.
- Send and receive secure messages, such as medical questions and pre/post operative surgery questions.
- Place, or check, electronic prescription requests at any time.
- Request their Private Health Records (PHR) online and download/print a PDF of their chart to share with their healthcare providers.
If you are interested in setting up your NextMD account, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you instructions on how to enroll.
MEDICAL RECORDS PARTNERS WITH BACTES
Palm Beach Orthopaedic Institute (PBOI) is partnering with BACTES for our medical record release needs. To receive a copy of your medical records:
1)Complete, sign and date PBOI’s Medical Records Release Form and return it to PBOI.
-If the medical records are going to be sent to your doctor, there is no charge. The records will be faxed to your doctor.
-If the records are for your personal records, there is a charge. BACTES will send you an invoice.
2) Upon payment, the medical records will be reproduced and transmitted or mailed by BACTES.
PEDIATRIC FRACTURE CARE HOTLINE
When a child breaks a bone, it is scary and painful, and the long wait in the Emergency Room makes it even more stressful. Leading Pediatric Surgeon, Bret Baynham, M.D., gives parents a better solution – One Stop Fracture Care at PBOI. The Pediatric Broken Bone & Fracture Care Hotline makes it easy for parents to have their child seen by a specialist who treats the child on the day of the accident. When the injury is treated efficiently, the event is much less traumatic for the child and the parents. Dr. Baynham also advises that when a child suffers a broken bone, parents should immediately:
- Apply ice to the most painful region
- Protect the injured extremity from movement or weight bearing
- Look for open wounds, bleeding, loss of feeling or movement which may indicate a more serious type of injury.
Dr. Bret Baynham is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, is a member of the Pediatric Orthopedic Society of North America and the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. Read More…
NEW WELLINGTON OFFICE