John Hinson, M.D.
ORTHOPEDIC DOCTOR SPECIALIZING IN: Shoulder, Elbow, Arthroscopy & Total Shoulder Replacement
OFFICE LOCATIONS IN PALM BEACH COUNTY
• West Palm Beach
• Undergraduate: Florida State University; B.S. in Biology
• Medical School: Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia
• Internship: Medical College of Georgia Department of Surgery
• Residency: Medical College of Georgia Department of Orthopedics
• Fellowship: St. Francis Shoulder Institute, Columbus, Georgia
Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
• Good Samaritan Hospital, West Palm Beach, Florida
• St. Mary’s Hospital, West Palm Beach, Florida (pending)
• Wellington Regional Hospital, Wellington, Florida (pending)
Dr. Hinson is trained in all aspects of orthopedic care and specializes in traumatic and degenerative conditions of the shoulder and elbow. His interests include arthroscopic surgery, rotator cuff repair, shoulder instability procedures, and shoulder replacement including reverse total shoulder replacement. Further interests include care of the throwing athlete and the high demands these athletes place on their shoulders.
He joined the Palm Beach Orthopedic Institute after being a faculty member in the Department of Orthopedics at Georgia Regents University. He has been the president of the Georgia Shoulder Elbow Society and has presented at regional and national meetings on topics including rotator cuff repair, shoulder instability, and total shoulder replacement.As a leading orthopedic specialist with regards orthopedic conditions affecting the upper extremity he has written book chapters and been published in international journals on topics including examination of the shoulder, shoulder fractures, and shoulder replacements.
I had rotator-cuff surgery last August. Dr. John Hinson was my surgeon. I had a desire to play golf again and reasoned advice from Dr. Hinson who helped me decide to get my shoulder fixed. My surgery, recovery and therapy went exactly as explained and I am very happy to inform you that I played 18 holes this past Saturday and my shoulder stood up very well.
Palm Beach Orthopaedic Institute is now serving four locations. We have orthopedic clinics in:
-West Palm Beach
-Palm Beach Gardens