Michael Leighton, M.D.
ORTHOPEDIC DOCTOR SPECIALIZING IN: Sports Injuries, Arthroscopy & Total Joint Replacement
OFFICE LOCATIONS IN PALM BEACH COUNTY
• Palm Beach Gardens
• B.A. in Philosophy, Duke University, 1984
• MD, UMDNJ – Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Formerly Rutgers Medical School)
• General Surgery Internship, UMDNJ – Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
• Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, UMDNJ – Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
• Sports Medicine Fellowship, Rush-Presbyterian -St. Luke Medical Center
Board Certified/Recertified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2007
Subspecialty Certification – Sports Medicine, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2009
• Jupiter Medical Center, Jupiter, FL
• Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
• Good Samaritan Hospital, West Palm Beach, FL
Dr. Michael Leighton specializes in arthroscopic surgery of the knee and shoulder as well as knee, hip, and shoulder replacement. He has been in practice in Palm Beach County since 1994. He also serves as the team physician for local high schools and is the Medical Director of Palm Beach Atlantic University. Dr. Leighton is very sports oriented both in his own life and for his patient’s. He enjoys golf, tennis, softball and hiking. His approach to non-operative rehabilitation and therapy after surgery is aimed at getting patients back to the sports that they love; specifically, total knee and hip patients are expected to be hitting golf balls between two and three months after surgery.
Jeremy Marks-Peltz is joined by Dr. Michael Leighton from Palm Beach Orthopedic Institute to discuss some of the biggest medical news in sports. Click on the links below to listen.
• January 2013
• December 2012
• November 2012
• October 2012
Click here to read an article by Dr. Leighton in the Palm Beach Post.
Dr. Leighton, Am I a Candidate for MAKOplasty?
Send us your information and Dr. Leighton will evaluate if you could be a candidate for MAKOplasty. The sole purpose of any information collected within this inquiry will be used to determine if you are a potential candidate for MAKOplasty. This information will be used for no other interpretive purposes.
Palm Beach Orthopaedic Institute is now serving four locations. We have orthopedic clinics in:
-West Palm Beach
-Palm Beach Gardens