Is your back giving you a hard time? In a time of long commutes, 10-hour-work days and Netflix, it’s really not difficult to aggravate your spine. Usually, the problem is a lack of preventive measures and improper posture. However, the pain may indicate a more serious condition that may require medication or even back surgery. If you suffer from persistent back pain, i.e. for a few days in a row, make sure to schedule an appointment with our Orthopedic Surgeon in Palm Beach Gardens.
How to keep your back in good health?
- Control the position you’re in when standing or sitting; slouching can cause spine deformities and pain.
- Check your surroundings at work and on the way to work: Is your desk is at the right height? Is your computer monitor? Is your car’s seat properly set?
- Exercise to strengthen the muscles around your spine.
- When lifting an object, keep a wide stance and bend from the legs (not from the waist). Keep your back straight and don’t bend it.
- Eat foods rich in calcium and vitamin D; they will keep your bones strong.
We would like to remind you that Palm Beach Orthopaedic Institute has orthopedic doctors in Palm Beach County in the following locations: