Knee Replacement West Palm Beach
Did you know that one of the most commonly performed surgeries these days is an arthroscopic knee replacement? Our knees are in very bad shape. There are many reasons for this – too much weight, a bad diet or unhealthy lifestyle, simple neglect… All of this adds up and causes the knees to deteriorate. If you would like to prevent this from happening, this article is for you. Below you will find a couple of interesting strategies to keep your knees healthy and pain-free. Implement them in your life and you won’t have to worry about surgery.
- Pay attention when you are walking to avoid twisting your knee. An awkward turn from a missed step or an unstable surface is the cause of most injuries.
- Limit sugar as much as you can. It causes inflammation and arthritis of the joints, including the knees, plus eating less sugar is likely to lead to weight loss. Less weight bearing down on your knees means less pain.
- Speaking of diet, make sure it is nutrient-rich, as vitamins and minerals will keep your body in good shape. How do you know if you are eating enough of various nutrients? The simple answer is: 1) eat more food without labels, i.e. fruits and vegetables, and 2) eat the rainbow – the more colors, the better. Green leafy vegetables are your knees’ best friends.
- Change positions frequently. If your work requires you to sit in front of the computer for many hours, take breaks every 60 minutes to stretch and flex.
- Walk, walk, and then walk some more. Walking is the best possible exercise for both your knees and your overall health.
- If you’d like to make your knees rock solid, spend 20 minutes everyday working on the muscles around them. Strong muscles keep the joints strong and stable and resistant to injury. Here are just a few examples of the exercise you can do at your home.
Doing these 3 exercises will get your knees injury-proof
And there you have it – 6 strategies for healthy knees. Would you like to learn more about your knees and how to keep them in good shape? We encourage you to check out some of our previous articles where we discuss the prevention and treatment of common knee-related problems. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment with our Orthopaedic Doctor West Palm Beach Wellington, Jupiter or Palm Beach Gardens. We are looking forward to seeing you soon!
Orthopaedics Palm Beach County – About PBOI
The orthopedic doctors at PBOI’s Orthopedic centers provide total management of patient care. Our entire team of orthopedic physicians (who are Board Certified and Fellowship trained in their fields) is experienced in helping patients with orthopedic conditions get back on their feet. If you’d like to find out more or want to make an appointment with one of our doctors, visit our website or contact us today.