Dr. Hill completed his orthopedic surgery residency training at Saint Louis University and following his residency he was fortunate enough to complete a fellowship in shoulder and elbow surgery at the prestigious Rothman orthopedic Institute / Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals in Philadelphia, PA. There he learned the most advanced techniques in modern reconstructive and arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery from many of the world’s experts.
As a shoulder and elbow surgeon, Dr. Hill specializes in the comprehensive management of shoulder and elbow conditions. He utilizes both arthroscopic and open techniques to treat various shoulder and elbow disorders including arthritis, sports injuries, instability and fractures. Dr. Hill has a particular interest in complex shoulder issues consisting of significant deformity, massive rotator cuff tears or failed previous surgery. In addition, he enjoys joint preservation techniques for both the shoulder and elbow.
During the course of his career, Dr. Hill has authored and published numerous peer reviewed articles and book chapters relating to shoulder and elbow conditions. In addition, he has presented his work at numerous meetings across the United States and internationally. Dr. Hill is focused on treating patients with evidence-based medicine but most importantly he utilizes clear communication and compassion so he and his patients can make shared decision as to their best possible treatment options.
In his spare time, Dr. Hill enjoys spending time with his wife and 2 young daughters being active outside.
Visit Dr. Hill's website at brianhillmd.com
Click here to view Dr. Hill's Curriculum Vitae.
Dr. Hill specializes in:
- Shoulder & Elbow Instability
- Shoulder & Elbow Arthritis
- Sports Injuries
- Tendon Injuries
- Acute Injuries to the Extremities
- Failed Previous Surgery & Overuse Injuries
- Complex Cases
- Upper & Lower Extremity Trauma and Fracture Care
Medical Assistant to Dr. Brian Hill:
- Had a pretty nasty full break to my clavicle and was referred to Dr. Hill by a long time friend of my parents and fellow orthopedic surgeon because in his words "Dr. Hill does this all day". Dr. Hill not only provided a really clear explanation of my injury that helped me understand the need for surgery but also took the time to answer my questions with clarity and has been with me every step of the way post-op. I highly recommend Dr. Hill.
- I am so happy that I found Dr. Hill. He explained what is wrong with my shoulder, drawing pictures to help me understand exactly. He explained my options for dealing with the problem & advised what he felt was the best course of action & why. He answered all my questions & I never felt rushed. I feel confident that I’m being well taken care of.
- Primary/Revision Total shoulder Replacement
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder Instability Surgery
- Shoulder & Elbow Trauma
- Total Elbow Replacement
- Arthroscopic Elbow Surgery
- Elbow Tendon Injury Repair
- Elbow Ligament Reconstruction
- Sports Injuries
Your physician has entrusted a team of staff to assist with every level of your care. Our clinic staff is committed to devoting their full attention to patients who are being seen during clinic sessions. If you are trying to reach your physician's medical assistant while they are in clinic, we kindly ask that you call his/her direct line. The medical assistant's phone calls and voicemails are monitored and managed by additional staff while the physician is in clinic.
Medical Assistant: Felicia Chandradat, NCMA