Dr. Baynham was among the first Fellowship trained spinal surgery specialists to practice in Palm Beach County and has been practicing for over 25 years. Over the course of a busy private practice and as spinal surgery consultant to the Palm Beach County Trauma District and the Children’s Medical Services, he has performed over 7,000 major spinal operations. Dr. Baynham has likely performed more adult complex spinal surgeries than anyone in the Palm Beach County area. His practice focuses on treatment of adult spinal problems utilizing the most current microsurgical, laser, laparoscopic and spinal instrumentation techniques.
Dr. Baynham is well-respected among his peers and has held multiple leadership positions including Chief of Orthopaedics, Surgery, Spinal Surgery, and as Medical Executive Committee member at multiple Palm Beach County hospitals. He has also served as president of the Palm Beach County Medical Society.
Dr. Baynham brings an incomparable level of experience to the treatment of your spinal condition. He remains active in the development of spinal surgery innovation and has been credited in over two-dozen patents and has contributed to the development of multiple products currently used by U.S. and International spinal surgeons. He is dedicated to pursuing every appropriate non-operative treatment option available, while providing a wealth of skill and a broad spectrum of treatment options for the surgical management of your spinal condition when necessary.
Dr. Baynham's preferred surgical facility is Jupiter Medical Center.
Medical Assistant to Dr. Clay Baynham:
- Dr. Clay Baynham is one of the most compassionate, caring Doc’s I’ve ever met. His expertise and experience are impeccable. He is an excellent technician and makes the best decisions for his patients. He operated on me a year ago; I had a PLIF and disc replacement. I am back to biking, golfing, and gardening and feel great! Pain-free! God Bless you Dr. Baynham and your wonderful staff. I am so very grateful for your skill and kindness.
- Dr. Baynham is a fantastic surgeon, saved my life, gave me my career back. I will never be able to thank him enough or praise him highly enough to repay him for what he did for my family and me. God Bless you Dr. B!
- Had an excellent, positive experience surgically by Dr. Clay Baynham and Bo. They were professional, knowledgeable, courteous and very informative. I felt very comfortable with Dr. Baynham’s surgical skills and excellent bedside manner. Everything pertinent to my surgery was explained thoroughly, and I knew what to expect. I was extremely pleased with the care I received and his staff. Thank you all for a positive experience.
- Had my surgery slightly more than 7 years ago and still doing well. Microdiscectomy L5 S1 and Laminectomy L4 L5 & L5 S1; 3 procedures outpatient and home the same day as surgery. Dr. Clay Baynham is without a doubt the best in the biz. Between Dr. Bayham and his assistant, Bo, you cannot go wrong. You are in good hands and need not look any further for a spine surgeon. Thanks again Clay and Bo!! Still doing well!!!
- Dr. Baynham and the whole staff were great, from check in to check out! Very informative staff, and Dr. Baynham patiently went over all my options in regards to non-surgery and surgery options. Would definitely recommend.
- Just had fusion on my L5-S1 Thursday. I’m in a lot of pain still but can already see positive results. I can put weight on my right leg, which I wasn’t able to before, and lift my leg, which I wasn't able to before. It’s going to be a long recovery but well worth it!
- Dr. Clay Baynham is kind, compassionate and caring. In addition to all of these, he is an excellent, extraordinary surgeon. I pray he never retires! His PA Bo is much the same and has a phenomenal bedside manner.
- Great doctor and great staff. Thank you all for your help. I highly recommend Dr. Clay.
- He and his PA spent over an hour with me...explaining all my options and answering all my questions.... best interaction with a doctor in years!!!
- Very knowledgeable and very nice knows what he's doing I think he's great.
- The staff is exceptional and Dr. Clay Baynham is a fantastic professional who inspires confidence.
- Took as much time as was needed to answer every question my wife and I had. Explained everything so that we could understand it.
- Great physician. Contrary to many in that field, he knows what he is doing.
- Great doctor, spent quality time with me and explained everything very well.
Your physician has entrusted a team of staff to assist with every level of your care. Our clinic staff is committed to devoting their full attention to patients who are being seen during clinic sessions. If you are trying to reach your physician's medical assistant while they are in clinic, we kindly ask that you call his/her direct line. The medical assistant's phone calls and voicemails are monitored and managed by additional staff while the physician is in clinic.
Medical Assistant: Mary Marks