Dr. Wexler’s orthopedic expertise is in the field of knee and shoulder injuries. He has received subspecialty training in the arthroscopic treatment of complex knee and shoulder injuries.
A sports injury comes with a negative emotional response, where people are devastated, thinking they’ll never get better,” he says. “And I get to tell them it doesn’t need to be like that.” Dr. Wexler encourages patients to think of orthopedic surgeons as “the frontline providers” for treatment of injuries to the musculoskeletal system. “There’s a misconception that we just do surgery, but, actually, we are the primary caregivers to joints, muscles, bones and ligaments.” Not one to sprint to the operating table, Dr. Wexler finds that conservative care such as anti-inflammatory medicines, injections, therapy, braces and topical gels can often yield effective results.
AWARDS, PUBLISHINGS & ARTICLES
- Dr. Wexler has been awarded the honor of Florida's Top Doctor since 2016 for his excellence in the field of Sports Medicine.
- Modern Luxury Palm Beach / Look Who's Talking: Doctor's Orders - Read Dr. Wexler's article on getting athletes and sports enthusiasts back out to the playing field as quickly as possible.
- Bauerfeind Life Magazine International - Read about Dr. Wexler's international collaboration on the development of knee braces.
- WPBF News Channel 25: MAKOplasty - Watch a news story featuring Dr. Wexler on MAKOplasty.
- Simply the Best: My Knee Hurts LIke Rafael Nadal - Read Dr. Wexler's thoughts on Rafael Nadal's knee injury.
- God gave you a gift. You honed in and perfected what he gave you. I realized that when you fixed my shoulders. I’ll never forget the conversation you and I had when I came home from Iraq. You wanted to help our men and women who were wounded in combat. I have so much respect and admiration for you and who you are. I tell everyone that you are best of the best. And you are. You elevated my quality of life. And your staff, ESPECIALLY DONNA has been phenomenal. The compassion and professionalism exhibited are none I’ve experienced from a medical practice. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me and the rest of the Palm Beach Gardens Police Department. Not just your patient, but your friend, Dennis
- My experience with Dr. Wexler was phenomenal. He is fabulous surgeon who saw me on an emergency basis. I ended up having knee surgery for a torn meniscus. He is caring, kind, well trained and educated, communicates incredibly well and is top notch physician. His staff - especially Donna - is fantastic and it takes seconds, not even minutes for them to respond to a question or concern. They go above and beyond in every way. There is NO wait time in the office - best run office I've seen anywhere including NY. I saw the nurse, doctor and had x rays in the office in under half hour my first visit. Every visit has been equally efficient. I can't recommend Dr. Wexler enough.
- Dr. Wexler did my shoulder surgery many years ago. He did a great job. Now, it's time for meniscus surgery. I have every confidence in him. The office is very organized & my questions are answered thoroughly. I like the fact that I'm taken in immediately & don't sit around. The video was great, explained so much I didn't know.
- I trust Dr. Wexler. He takes the time to know his patient. It gives me a high level confidence that he understands my lifestyle, fitness goals and most importantly cause of injury. He offers treatment options & listens to your questions.
- Everything runs smoothly at this office. Everyone is pleasant and does their job well. I was well treated and before I left they had sent my prescription to my pharmacy and scheduled an MRI for me.
- Dr. Wexler was direct and on point. He immediately articulated a plan of action and next steps. Although a quick consult, it was highly effective.
- Dr. Wexler did not waste time and focused on the problem immediately. Accurate assessment and offered excellent options for treatment. Staff was very professional and helpful.
- Dr. Wexler and the staff are wonderful. I was seen earlier than my appointment time by 15 minutes! X-rays were needed and there was no wait. The Doctor showed me a brief video on my ailment, and explained healing plan. Secretary called in my prescription. A wonderful organization!
- My appointment was great. Dr. Wexler was able to diagnose my neck problem quickly and efficiently. He was extremely pleasant. I was very pleased with my appointment. The office staff was equally pleasant and professional.
- I've been seeing Dr. Wexler for years for various orthopedic issues and had shoulder surgery with him. He is an excellent orthopedic surgeon. I would highly recommend him.
- I feel very confident and happy with my appointment with Dr. Wexler. I felt I was in good hands and do that his diagnosis was correct. I will recommend him to everyone that needs services. Thank you very much.
- We had a very short wait time. Dr. Wexler was professional, compassionate and explained everything very well. I would highly recommend him as a doctor. 7
- Great office, great service and great care. Dr. Wexler and the rest of his partners take great care of our family.
- I have been going to this doctor since I was child. A remarkable doctors office with decades of experience.
- Very efficient and well run office! Dr. Wexler is personable, friendly, and a great surgeon! I had no swelling! He also answered all my questions. I highly recommend him!
- Minimally Invasive Knee Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Shoulder Surgery
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
Your physician has entrusted a team of staff to assist with every level of your care. Our clinic staff is committed to devoting their full attention to patients who are being seen during clinic sessions. If you are trying to reach your physician's medical assistant while they are in clinic, we kindly ask that you call his/her direct line. The medical assistant's phone calls and voicemails are monitored and managed by additional staff while the physician is in clinic.
Medical Assistant: Donna Nimmo & Tara Carney