Dr. Hinson is trained in all aspects of orthopaedic care and specializes in traumatic and degenerative conditions of the shoulder and elbow. His interests include arthroscopic surgery, rotator cuff repair, shoulder instability procedures, and shoulder replacement including reverse total shoulder replacement. Further interests include care of the throwing athlete, golfers and the high demands these athletes place on their shoulders.
He joined the Palm Beach Orthopaedic Institute as a shoulder specialist after being a faculty member in the Department of Orthopaedics at Georgia Regents University. He has been the president of the Georgia Shoulder Elbow Society and has presented at regional and national meetings on topics including rotator cuff repair, shoulder instability, and total shoulder replacement. As a leading orthopaedic specialist with regards to orthopaedic conditions affecting the upper extremity, he has written book chapters and has been published in international journals on topics including examination of the shoulder, shoulder fractures, and shoulder replacements.
- Dr Hinson provided excellent caring and thorough analysis of my issue - recommend him and PBOI highly!
- The process from A-Z was pleasant. Dr. Hinson was referred to me by another medical professional and he reached out to me after hours to introduce himself and make sure my appointment was scheduled within an acceptable time frame. During my visit Dr. Hinson spent as much time as I needed to answer my questions and address any concerns I had. The office is modern and clean, the staff is helpful and professional. I’m very pleased with the whole experience.
- PBOI has helped me through a shoulder surgery and now a femur recovery after surgery. John H has been a real genius.
- Dr. Hinson may specialize in shoulders but don’t let that deter you from going to him for other orthopedic issues. I ruptured my ACL and went to see Dr Hinson upon the recommendation of someone in the healthcare business. Being that I am not a “spring chicken” I had to make the decision as to whether to have surgery for a reconstruction or just live with no ACL. I am active as a golfer and bicycle rider and didn’t want to give up those activities. Dr. Hinson discussed the options with me and we decided to proceed with reconstruction surgery with an allograft. The surgery and results couldn’t have been more successful! Not only is he an awesome orthopedic surgeon but he has a professional staff that are the nicest I have ever encountered.
- Dr. Hinson is the best ever. He is extremely welcoming, gives you an envelope of time to discuss your concerns, then provides expert feedback as to the cause and various treatment options for your condition. I am a transplant from Colorado and was extremely fortunate to find this outstanding doctor. I recommend him without reservation
- Dr. Hinson was thorough, spent a great deal of time explaining the extent of my injuries (prior doctor was vague) AND gave realistic insight into the post-operative recovery. I wouldn’t feel comfortable with any other surgeon at this point and am at ease moving forward with the surgery.
- I had rotator-cuff surgery last August. Dr. John Hinson was my surgeon. I had a desire to play golf again and reasoned advice from Dr. Hinson who helped me decide to get my shoulder fixed. My surgery, recovery and therapy went exactly as explained and I am very happy to inform you that I played 18 holes this past Saturday and my shoulder stood up very well.
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Labral Tear Repair
- Shoulder Instability Procedures
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement
- Elbow Nerve Decompression
- Tennis Elbow Procedure
- Bicep Procedures
Your physician has entrusted a team of staff to assist with every level of your care. Our clinic staff is committed to devoting their full attention to patients who are being seen during clinic sessions. If you are trying to reach your physician's medical assistant while they are in clinic, we kindly ask that you call his/her direct line. The medical assistant's phone calls and voicemails are monitored and managed by additional staff while the physician is in clinic.
Medical Assistant: Lana Hiers