Dr. Robert J. Avino is a fellowship trained adult hip and knee reconstruction surgeon. By offering the most current surgical techniques and embracing robotic technologies, Dr. Avino provides superior outcomes with decreased pain.
He is dedicated to serving patients with hip pain and knee pain. He specializes in direct anterior approach hip replacement, robotic knee replacement, and complex revision surgery. Dr. Avino enjoys spending time with each patient, understanding their concerns, recommending both surgical and non-surgical treatment options. His focus is on providing individualized, high-quality care.
Dr. Avino has trained extensively with world leaders in arthroplasty at the Cleveland Clinic and the University of Chicago. He is published in the most prestigious orthopaedic journal, The Journal of Arthroplasty. He has presented his research at numerous medical conferences. He also serves as a peer reviewer for The Journal of Arthroplasty and The Journal of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.
Originally from the Midwest, Dr. Avino is proud to live in the community in which he serves. He and his wife, a Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, enjoy golfing, traveling, and exploring southeast Florida.
Dr. Avino is pleased to offer same week appointments in Jupiter and both West Palm Beach offices. Call to schedule your appointment.
Surgical procedures performed by Dr. Avino:
- Minimally Invasive Direct Anterior Total Hip Replacement
- Robotic Total Knee Replacement
- Robotic Partial Knee Replacement
- Outpatient Total Joint Replacement
- Direct Anterior Revision Hip Replacement
- Revision Hip Replacement
- Revision Total Knee Replacement
- Periprosthetic Fracture Fixation
- Periprosthetic Joint Infection
- Total Joint Instability
- Metal-on-metal Revision Hip Replacement
- Hemiarthroplasty for Hip Fracture
- Cephalomedullary Nailing for Hip Fracture
Non-operative procedures performed by Dr. Avino:
- Cortisone Knee Injection
- Viscosupplementation Knee Injection