Maureen Storey completed her nursing training at Albany Medical Center School of Nursing in Albany, NY. She received her bachelor degree in nursing at Florida Atlantic University. Her masters and advanced nurse practitioner degrees were completed at the University of Miami where she graduated with honors in 2001. Maureen has dual board certifications as family nurse practitioner and advanced practice in orthopaedics.
Maureen has been a member of the National Orthopaedic Nurses Association since 1993. In 1999, she was presented with the National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses “Outstanding Orthopaedic Nurse Practice Award.” She served on the National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses Executive Board as Director for three years. She is currently serving on the National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses as a member of the Leadership Search Committee.
Maureen has been a member of the clinical staff of Palm Beach Orthopaedic Institute since 1993. Her current areas of specialty are in pediatric orthopaedics and spine deformity, and spine trauma. She worked collaboratively with Dr. Bret Baynham from 2002 through 2019.
As a licensed and board certified advanced nurse practitioner in the state of Florida, Maureen can:
- Perform health histories, health assessment, and physical examination in patients seeking primary or secondary health care.
- Diagnose and treat minor acute orthopaedic problems.
- Diagnose and treat chronic stable orthopaedic problems.
- Apply and remove casts, strap, cast, or splint soft tissue sprains and bones.
- Prescribe, initiate, monitor, alter, or order drug therapies for patients in accordance with education.
- Order and interpret appropriate diagnostic studies such as radiographic and laboratory tests.
- Recommend appropriate wound care, physical, occupational, and speech therapies.